Staking plans
Grailbot
Starter
starstarstarstarstar
Hi just wondered what fellow bettors use in terms of a staking plan for example level stakes or percentage or points based systems  Thanks 
Bacuna Matata
starstarstarstarstar
Hi..it depends actually..points based system means that you have your own system already developed out and you can actually judge quickly the value of the bet. Personally using % and between 2%-3% per bet. When I know that im going to do a full day of bets and working from morning to evening, excpecting to do a lot of bets per day, starting with 1% to 2% and when the first ones are succesful, raising to 2% to 3%.
Grailbot
Starter
starstarstarstarstar
Thanks for you're reply personally I have been using 2% of Bank per bet but the strategy I'm using for My bets it rarely goes more than 2 or 3 losses in a row so I was wondering if my staking plan was right for my strike rate. My average odds are very short though around 1.7 
Grailbot
Starter
starstarstarstarstar
hi has anyone ever used progressive staking plans like d'alambert? my betting strategy currently doesnt encounter many losses maybe 3 in a row maximum so was wondering if i would benefit using a staking plan that recovers losses obviously not dangerously like fibonacci
DTK507
Starter
starstarstarstarstar
I personally believe that professional betting has nothing to do with progressions and the focus should be wether to invest money or not on the game. For this reason my stake system consist of always invest a 2% of my bankroll (if odds are higher less in proportion), reserving a 4% for very special cases (like a good potential fix)
DTK507
Starter
starstarstarstarstar
I would add that , if you have a good archive of your bets, knowing your winnining percentage and odds average helps to know if the chosen % is below or above the 'recomended %' (you can calculate that with the Kelly Formula)
Bacuna Matata
starstarstarstarstar
DTK507
I would add that , if you have a good archive of your bets, knowing your winnining percentage and odds average helps to know if the chosen % is below or above the 'recomended %' (you can calculate that with the Kelly Formula)

Totally agree here. There's a lot of different staking plans, some are better for lower hit rate but higher odds, some are better for higher hit rate, but lower odds. Also very important is your risk tolerance. For example with progressive staking plan - the first bet is 100 and lost, second is double of that and 200...loss... the third one should be 400 but you have already lost 300 and with this stake, 700.
Grailbot
Starter
starstarstarstarstar
Hi thanks for you're advice  Since I started tracking my bets I have a 75.4% strike rate over 104 bets  Average odds are 1.62. It tells me I need about 62% strike rate based on those odds   I have been doing level stakes but laboucbere staking plan seems to show a greater profit and rarely goes too high in stakes  The maximum loss in a row is 3 so far.

Thanks 
Bacuna Matata
starstarstarstarstar
If you have a good strategy with high hit rate, you could try some more agressive staking plan indeed. One option is to raise the stakes after every bet or day, not like once a month. This should help also to grow the bank much faster, as you are staking higher stakes rapidly.
Grailbot
Starter
starstarstarstarstar
Thanks for the advice I will look at trying that.. I'm not sure if laboucbere works long term for the low odds I get.. Think it was made for even money so I may be best just raising my stakes altogether  
Tim-Wu
starstarstarstarstar
I work with the following betting system:

Step 1: 1,5 units stake
Step 2: 3   units stake
Step 3: 2   units stake
BennyB
Starter
starstarstarstarstar
Hey, guys,
I use 1% of my bank at risk and I stop at 4% loss per day.
Often leveraged on Betfair with a risk/reward ratio greater than 1:1.5. This is my simple approach.
I enter a market and exit a trade.
So 4 losses of 1% maximum per day