How to get started with Backtesting?
The whole Backtesting process is so easy, and yet so powerful.
- Go to Manage Notifications - Left side menu or from the bell icon on top of the page.
- Create New Notification - Custom notifications cant be used for Backtesting. You need to create a notification from scratch to Backtest it.
- Quick Odds and Autoresult - With Quick Odds, you choose the market to the Spreadsheet Odds section. The Auto Result is available for Platinum packages only. Pick the market and submarket for Auto Resulting in Backtest Spreadsheet. You can choose different Quick Odds and Auto Result.
- Goal and Penalty check - A new feature which helps to avoid potential false alerts due to goals or penalties at the time alerts were sent out. False alerts can happen while the markets are closed for staking.
- Start Backtest/Premium Backtest - Once the Notification is created, head back to the Manager page. Click on either of the Backtest options (Premium available for only Platinum), and the queue list opens, and the countdown begins.
- Wait for the results - Once it displays, 100% finished, give it some time for the Auto Result to finish also. The easiest way to keep eyes on the process is to open the Backtest Spreadsheet, choose the notification and go to the last page of alerts. If it's resulted, go back page by page.
Things to keep in mind with Backtesting
It's the most powerful tool on the market and the first of its kind for everyone to use. The development process is ongoing, and it is improving with every update.
- Use it, responsibly. The Premium Backtest takes notifications in one by one. There's a system created so one user can't make several tests in a row while pushing others further back in the queue line.
- Instead of very strict alerts, do the opposite to get more results in. The Spreadsheet filters help you to analyse the results later. Change the game clock, change the submarkets or current goals. There's a lot of filters to play with AFTER you have the results in.
- It takes time for the Backtest to start and finish. Keep in mind that there are probably some other notifications in front of you in the queue.
Once the test starts, it takes time to finish. For the Platinum, the Backtest needs to check everything you had in the rules and for the last 50k games in the database. The whole process can take from 10 to 30 minutes, depends on the load.
- Be patient for Auto Resulting to finish its job. Previously, games had to be resulted manually in the Spreadsheet, taking hours. To follow the process of resulting, go to the last page of the alerts. If these have resulted, go one page back and so on, until there are unresulted games. Wait a few minutes and check next page.